Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm a Bad, Bad Blogger

I have been rude. Though it was entirely unintentional.

This blog is so old that it had a years old and out of date email that it was sending post notifications to. I especially want to apologize to Jess Fields who took the time to post long and thoughtful comments. Jess is a young Council person on a very different ideological plane than I am. But he has the right idea in his ability to recognize the difference between ideological and personal differences. It is this distinction that allows dialogue and the potential for change to happen.

Change less often comes from a conversion of ideology than it does from an understanding of a different perspective.

1 comment:

Jess Fields said...

Hugh,

Entirely understandable and I don't feel you've been rude, though I appreciate your apology. Sorry if I might have been a bit rude myself!

People can have honest ideological differences and a vigorous discussion, and it makes our society the better for it. Looking forward to my meeting with you and starting a conversation. Thanks for your service to our community.

God Bless,

Jess.
571.6724